1) You have been meeting natives, colonizers, and now Mexicans (also known as Californios) who made an impact and left their mark in California. You may notice that many of our street names, cities, monuments are named after these individuals. Briefly identify one of these individuals and provide the impact they made in California. There are so many so please try not to answer the same one.
2) Was Mexican California better/worse/the same as Spanish California? Compare and contrast.
Under unstable Mexican rule from 1821 to 1846, California became more globally connected and Pacific-oriented.
Throughout the Mexican period, Americans began arriving in California by sea and via overland trails blazed by fur trappers and followed by immigrant parties.
Miscalculations in timing a Sierra crossing could have horrific results, as seen in the Donner party tragedy that included incidents of cannibalism.
From Latin America their vessels often sailed to Honolulu, where sandalwood and other products were acquired for trade in porcelains, silks, and teas in Canton, China.
Meanwhile New England merchant shippers carried manufactures aboard cargo vessels – virtual floating department stores – around Cape Horn for sale in California and Oregon.
whaling port in the Pacific and later in the world.
As the hide-and-tallow trade declined in the 1840s, San Francisco began its ascent into the leading
The famed Charles Wilkes maritime expedition of 1838–42 demonstrated the growing interest of the U.S. government in California and the Pacific Basin. An American takeover of the province was in the making.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.