1. What, where, and when was The Axial Age? 2. Many scholars believe the “perennial philosophy” of the Axial Age is an indicator that most if not all cultures originally shared a common monotheistic outlook of religion before the emergence of the various outlooks that exist today. What do you think of this theory? 3. All religious worldviews boil down to either Henotheism/Monotheism, Polytheism, Pantheism, or Atheism. Define these terms. 4. (Have read by Day 1 of Week 7): Read through the various excerpts from the sacred texts of Hinduism and answer the following questions: a. What is the riddle-like dialogue which the sages engaged in about the origin and meaning of the universe called? b. Define atman and brahman. c. How did the story of Shvetaketu and Uddalaka illustrate the concepts of atman and brahman? d. What is karma? What is karma-yoga and how is it different than the earlier understanding of karma? 5. (Have read by Day 2 of Week 7): Read through the various excerpts from the sacred texts of Buddhism and answer the following questions: a. What are the Four Noble Truths? b. What is the Eightfold Path? c. What are the Three Poisons? d. What is samsara? e. What are the Three Marks of Existence? f. What is anatta? g. What is Nibbana? Type up #’s 1-5 by end of Week 7 6. (Have read by Day 1 of Week 8): Read through the various excerpts from The Analects of Confucius and answer the following questions: a. What is Li? b. What are the 5 Relationships? c. What is Hsiao? Jen? 7. (Have read by Day 1 of Week 8): Read through the excerpts from the Daodejing and answer the following question: a. Describe the Dao. What is it exactly? 8. Summarize the various Hellenistic Philosophies’ perspectives on the human condition here. 9. What is the Ancient Happiness Hypothesis? What are its flaws? 10. (Have read by Day 2 of Week 8): Read the various excerpts from the Stoic philosophers in the Unit 3 Readings Document and then answer the following question: How do the Stoic philosophers’ views reflect a belief in the Happiness Hypothesis? 11. (Have read by Day 2 of Week 8): Read the story “The Choice of Heracles” story in the Unit 3 Readings Document and then answer the following question: How would you have chosen? 12. In the Book of Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament, there is a remarkably nuanced “happiness hypothesis.” How is this view different from that of the Stoics?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.