A) Read the attached case study and complete the questions below using one (1) of the presentation methods below:
Address the following questions:
–Your experiences may be very helpful and interesting to all of us. However, be sure that you also back up your posts with factual information from the text (when it applies to the initial discussion board question (s) and responses to peers) or other creditable sources. A minimum of one reference is required to support your response to the discussion question and reply to a classmate. You may cite the course required textbook and or other sources in which you have used content from. Make sure your references are in APA format.
Death by Measles
Health Care Management, Fourth Edition ISBN 9781284156638
Sharon B. Buchbinder
In July 2015, an elderly woman being treated for several health issues attended a local health clinic. The medications for her chronic diseases placed her in an immunocompromised status. While waiting to be seen by her primary care physician, a child came in with his mother, sneezing and coughing. Nothing more was thought of it until the woman died from pneumonia—caused by measles. This was the first death in the United States from measles in 12 years.
Discussion Questions 1. What are the facts of this case? 2. What would have been the potential impact on the woman if the child
had the following diseases: pertussis, polio, influenza, or Ebola? 3. What are the management implications of this case? Should there be
separate waiting rooms for people with an immunocompromised status?
4. What are the legal and ethical obligations of the parent of the unvaccinated child?
5. What are the legal and ethical obligations the clinic has to its patients and how do they apply to this case? Should the woman’s family seek legal remedies?
6. An RN who works at the clinic refuses to have an influenza vaccination. She does not have allergies, nor does she have religious objections. She just “doesn’t believe in them.” Create a script for a conversation with this employee, urging her to reconsider, and detailing the consequences of her continued refusal.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.