For this assignment you will choose to view either Edgar Wright’s Shaun of the Dead or Rian Johnson’s Brick to analyze and discuss its genre.
Be sure that you have reviewed the resources on genre before beginning. This assignment may require multiple viewings of your chosen film, as both of these films are considered Cross-Genre, or Multi-Genre. Go into your viewing of the film prepared and take notes along the way!
• Explain the film’s genre using specific examples of the genre conventions, expectations, iconography, and any innovations you may find. Also, include your thoughts on the following questions in your discussion:
o How does the mixture of genre affect this film? o What social function might this film serve?
Copyright 2022 Post University, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Evaluation Rubric for Film Lab Assignment
CRITERIA Needs Improvement Satisfactory Proficient
Clarity and Structure
Assignment questions are not addressed / minimally addressed, or incorrect; explanations are hard to follow.
Assignment questions are partially addressed; some sections may be off- topic.
Assignment questions are addressed clearly and thoroughly throughout.
Details and Examples Used
None provided; or minimal details explored and/or examples used.
A few layers of detail and examples used, though some details may be missing or lacking.
Writing explores multiple layers of detail; provided excellent explanations using appropriate examples.
Evidence of Critical Thinking
Lacking critical thinking; analysis contains obvious responses to questions; little thought evident.
Some critical thinking evident, but may not directly address the key concepts; analysis shows partial contextualizing of unit material.
Clear evidence of critical thinking; analysis addresses key concepts and exhibits originality and successful contextualizing of the unit material.
Did not provide a peer response.
Peer response provided though minimal and lacking depth by restating or summarizing what was already expressed; details and new ideas missing or lacking.
Peer response elaborates on classmate’s ideas/discussion with further comment or observation; presents relevant new ideas and viewpoints for consideration by group; raises questions or politely offers alternative perspectives.
Clear and Professional Writing and APA Format
Errors impede professional presentation; no/minimal APA guidelines followed.
Few errors contained that do not impede professional presentation.
Writing and format is clear, professional, APA compliant, and error free.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.