In this discussion, we examine the relationship between bias and selection.The adage, "Don’t judge a book by its cover," takes on immense meaning in I/O psychology. A few millisecond perception of a person’s face can have real world repercussions.
Review these resources:
Robson, D. (2015, July 8). Is faceism ruining your life? [News article].
TED-Ed. (2015, Jan 15). Kim Prehoff: How quickly do you judge a face? [Video file].
Paik,L. S., Shahani-Denning, C., & Griffeth, R. W. (2014). An examination of attractiveness biases in the context of hiring through social networking sites. Journal of Organizational Psychology, 14(1), 52-66.
After reviewing the TED talk and articles, respond to the following:
1. What is your reaction to the video and article?
2. How does the first impression of an applicants impact the potential for hiring?
3. Identify two strategies to mitigate the potential for bias.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.