Technology For Assessment
Inevitably, every teacher must use a gradebook to record and analyze each student's performance throughout a semester. To complete this assignment, you need to do the following:
A. Decide the subject area (Math, Science, Social Study, English, etc.) and grade level you wish to teach in the future. You can make up a fictitious class if you are not currently teaching.
B. Decide the types of assessments (e.g., quizzes, tests, projects) you want to give to your class throughout a semester.
C. Use Excel or Google sheets to create an electronic gradebook for your class. Keep in mind the following required criteria when developing this assignment:
– provide a title in row 1 of the gradebook indicating the grade level of the class and your name as the teacher of the class.
– include at least 12 students in your class.
– include at least 6 assessment grades for each student.
– Apply formulas or functions to analyze the assessment data to achieve the following purposes: (No manual or calculator computing is allowed.)
(1) the average of all assessments for each student,
(2) the class average for each assessment, and
(3) the overall class average for all 6 assessments (the overall average of all students on all assessments).
– Set to display only one digit after the decimal point for all scores.
D. Use a chart to display the average of each student vs. the overall class average. This chart helps a teacher visually compare each individual student's overall performance to that of the class.
* This chart can also help a teacher easily identify who are the high performers and who are falling behind in the class. A teacher thus can apply effective strategies (e.g., peer-tutoring, after school program, additional worksheet) to help the low performers to catch up.
* Your chart should only show each student's average and the overall class average. Your chart should not display all assessment scores of each student. In other words, your chart should display one bar per student presenting his/her average score and one bar for the overall class average.
E. Also, use a line chart to show the changes of each student's performance over time across the 6 assessments.
* This chart can help a teacher visually inspect the performance pattern of each student. If an odd performance pattern of a student is observed, the teacher can devise strategies to help the student.
F. Submit the data sheet together with the data analysis result and graphs to the assignment dropbox titled "Gradebook" in Canvas.
– Excel users: the file extension is .xlsx or .xls
– Google sheets users: the file extension is . GSHEET
Meet all required criteria Correct data analysis Creativity on data & graph presentation
Each assignment example provided in this class gives you the idea about the format and requirements of the assignment. The examples are for reference only. Please be cautious about the UNCW Academic Honor Code (Links to an external site.).
Do check out the assignment specifications for project requirements, grading criteria, and the tutorials before starting the project.
* General Excel knowledge and skill building:
Below are some video tutorials for Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets basics. In case of needed, more tutorial resources can be found on the web.
* In case you don't have Microsoft Excel application in your computer, UNCW Microsoft 365 (Links to an external site.) and Google Sheets are alternatives.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.